1 Day Tour From Warsaw: Wolf's Lair Hitler's Headquarters1 Reviews
This tour is a must-do for WWII history buffs. Visit the remains of the biggest and most important headquarters of Adolf Hitler and its monster bunkers which almost became his grave during famous operation Valkyrie. Choose a group or private tour.
- Visit the mysterious Wolf’s Lair complex
- Enjoy your time with an educated and professional guide
- See the lovely countryside of Poland
DescriptionWolf’s Lair was the most important of Hitler’s headquarters hidden in Masuria, a region of Northern Poland famous for its 2,000 lakes. Together with lakes and swamps, it was the perfect place to set up an inaccessible complex of bunkers. The complex, which would become one of several Führer Headquarters located in various parts of occupied Europe, was built for the start of Operation Barbarossa – the invasion of the Soviet Union – in 1941. The top secret, high security site was in the Masurian woods about 8 km from the small East Prussian town of Rastenburg (now Kętrzyn in Poland). Three security zones surrounded the central complex where the Führer’s bunker was located. Despite the security, an assassination attempt against Hitler was made at Wolf’s Lair on 20 July 1944. Unfortunately, the bomb planted by Claus von Stauffenberg in the map room did not kill Hitler (who survived around 35 assassination attempts during his life). On 25th of January 1945, due to the rapid advance of the Red Army, the complex was blown up and abandoned. There are two options of this tour to choose from: group (shared) or private. For the group tour, your guide will pick you up from your hotel in Warsaw and drive you to Wolf’s Lair, where you will explore the complex with a local English-speaking guide*. After 3 hours (including a lunch break in the local canteen), you’ll drive back to Warsaw. The private tour visits Masuria, full of interesting spots that would be a pity to miss. This tour takes you to the bunkers of the Mamerki Wehrmacht headquarters. While Hitler's bunkers were destroyed by Allied bombing, these remained miraculously preserved amidst the blasts. Finally, you will visit the abandoned construction site of a sluice which was meant to become part of the Nazi-built Masury canal. *If the local guide is not available, tour will be led by your guide-driver.
IncludesEnglish-speaking tour guide-driver Regular car or minibus Entrance fees Wolf’s Lair tour Lunch break of approximately one hour Food and drinks
- If you want book the tour for children who are shorter than 150 cm (4,9 ft) you must contact tour operator before booking the tour and check the availability of toddler / child car seat / booster seat
- Since the supplier has to rent a toddler / child car seat / booster seat for children shorter than 150 centimeters, the fare is the same as for an adult
- You must contact the tour operator before booking the tour if you require special assistance (e.g. wheelchair assistance)
- Please wear proper clothing since you will spend time outdoors in the forest
- Please eat breakfast before the tour departure
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability