My Guide Website?
6 Hour Private Car Tour to Treblinka With Hotel Pickup2 Reviews
Treblinka camp, located just 100 kilometers from Warsaw, was the second largest Nazi extermination camp. It was in Treblinka that the Nazis murdered over 870,000 people within just one year.
- Learn all about the Treblinka extermination camp, the second largest Nazi camp in Poland
- Hear how the plan of the Final Solution was put into action
- Visit the Museum of Fight and Martyrdom in Treblinka
- Stop at a breathtaking memorial
- Walk through the symbolic gate and along the road leading to the camp
DescriptionExperience an informative tour of the Treblinka extermination camp. Jews from occupied Poland, France, Austria, Belgium, Germany, Greece, Yugoslavia, Slovakia, and the Soviet Union were transported daily to Treblinka and, upon arrival, exterminated in specially built gas chambers. In August 1943 an armed uprising broke out and only about 100 prisoners survived. After the uprising, the camp was completely demolished and abandoned by the Germans. After World War II, one of the most impressive memorial sites of the Holocaust was built on the site of the former extermination camp. Although nowadays there are no buildings or barracks there, the experience of being at this moving historical site is unforgettable. During this 6-hour tour to Treblinka you will see real places and hear authentic stories. You will find out how the plan of the Final Solution was put into action. You will visit the Museum of Fight and Martyrdom in Treblinka and see the exhibition devoted to the extermination camp. You will explore the area around the former camp and the memorials with a licensed English or German speaking guide. You will walk through the symbolic entrance gate and along the road leading to the camp. You will stop at a breathtaking memorial and you will hear about the history of Janusz Korczak and children from his orphanage.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your hotel in the city center (if option selected) Transportation by comfortable, air-conditioned car/minibus Entrance tickets Guided tour of Treblinka Licensed guide or guide-driver
- The tour is conducted by air-conditioned, comfortable car/minibus in combination with walking and sightseeing: you will spend 3 hours in the car (1.5 hours transfer from Warsaw to Treblinka + 1.5 hours return transfer to Warsaw) and 1.5 hours in Treblinka
- There is no lunch included on this tour. It is recommended to take drinks and food with you. There are no restaurants or cafés in Treblinka
- Pickup within the city center from the reception desk/lobby at your hotel/accommodation. Please provide your hotel name, hotel address, and your cellphone number
- Meeting point for hotels/accommodation outside of the city center: Jewish Museum, ul. Mordechaja Anielewicza 6, 00-157 Warsaw. Please wait on the street in front of the monument