From Warsaw: Auschwitz-Birkenau and Krakow Private Day Trip8 Reviews
Visit Auschwitz–Birkenau Concentration Camp and Krakow on a private day trip. Learn about the tragic stories of World War II and see one of Poland's most beautiful cities in one day.
- Learn about the tragic history of the Holocaust
- See the UNESCO listed old city of Krakow
- Take advantage of a round-trip private transfer from Warsaw
DescriptionMeet your driver and get picked up from your accommodation in Warsaw in the early morning. This private trip starts the day with a drive to Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camp. When you arrive at the site, you will embark on a 3.5 hours guided group tour of Auschwitz and Birkenau with a guide speaking your chosen language. Start in the Auschwitz concentration camp and learn about how it was established by German Nazis on the outskirts of the town Oswiecim in 1940. After the war, the camp was turned into a museum displaying evidence of the genocide, which you will have the opportunity to browse. In the museum watch a film made after the liberation of the camp shown in various languages. After spending time in Auschwitz head over to the Birkenau section of the concentration camp. Discover how, in 1941, the German Nazis established a new camp called Auschwitz II Birkenau. In 1942-1945, approximately 1.5 million people lived and died here. Most of them (90%) were Jews, others were Poles, Gypsies, Russians, and prisoners from 28 countries of Europe. In 1979, Auschwitz–Birkenau Concentration Camp was listed as a UNESCO World Culture and National Heritage Site. Depart Auschwitz-Birkenau for a 1.5 hours journey to Krakow. You will have three hours of free time to see the Main Market Square in Krakow, the biggest Medieval old town square in Europe. In the Old Town you can also see Wawel Hill where the Cathedral and the Royal Castle are, the Town Hall Tower, St. Mary’s Basilica, Krakow Barbican and Sukiennice, famously known as the Cloth Hall, thousands of bars and delightful regional restaurants, many historic buildings, and horse-driven cabs. During the trip there will be time to eat lunch in a restaurant. You will get picked up after your time in Krakow and returned to Warsaw where you will be dropped off at your accommodation in the evening.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transport with an English-speaking driver Entrance tickets Guided tour in the museum 3 hours of free time in Krakow Water Food and drinks Gratuities
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
- Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
- The maximum size of backpacks or bags carried to the museum can not exceed the dimensions of 30x20x10 cm
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY