My Guide Website?
From Warsaw: Full-Day Private Visit to Torun
Explore one of the most beautiful cities in Europe with the convenience of a full-day private tour from Warsaw. Explore the beautifully preserved Old Town – a UNESCO World Heritage site, and learn about the city of Nicolaus Copernicus.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Warsaw:If youʻre booking your trip to Warsaw last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Warsaw: The City in a Nutshell Small Group Walking Tour
- Warsaw Modlin Airport: Private Economy Transfer
- Warsaw: Chopin Concert in a Historical Old Town Location
- Warsaw Jewish Heritage Private Tour in Retro Fiat
- From Warsaw: Tour of the Wolf's Lair, Hitler's HQ by Car
- Take a 3-hour walking tour through one of the most beautiful cities in Europe
- Stroll through medieval streets and between city defense walls
- Explore the House of Nicolaus Copernicus or the Gingerbread Museum
- Travel in the comfort of a private, air-conditioned coach equipped with WiFi
DescriptionLearn about the charming city of Torun, one of the few Polish cities to escape major damage in World War II. Snap pictures of the beautifully preserved Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which was included in the list of the Seven Wonders of Poland in 2007. The day starts with pickup from your accommodation in a Mercedes Benz. Travel with up to 6 passengers to Torun with your English-speaking driver and meet your local guide. Explore the Old Town, the New City, and the Teutonic Castle and admire the city defense walls and fortified towers that form part of the skyline. Learn about the founding of Torun by the Teutonic Knights in the 13th century and see the ruins of the castle, left pretty much unchanged since its destruction by disgruntled medieval townsfolk. Visit St John's Cathedral, home to the seven-ton Tuba Dei (God's Trumpet), one of the largest medieval bells in Europe. Said to be the place where the world-famous astronomer, Nicolaus Copernicus, was baptized, it is also where the heart of King Jan Olbracht is buried. Explore the picturesque Old Town and admire the Leaning Tower, which is displaced 1.5 meters from where it would be if the tower were completely verticle. Next, choose between following in the footsteps of Nicolaus Copernicus in a visit to his former home turned multimedia museum or check out the Gingerbread Museum, a former factory that popularized gingerbread all over the world. Take a break for lunch during the tour before the return transfer to Warsaw.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Air-conditioned transport English-speaking driver Passengers' insurance 3-hour guided tour WiFi on board Bottled water
- This tour will take place rain or shine