My Guide Website?
From Warsaw: Wolf's Lair Hitler's Headquarters Full-Day Tour1 Reviews
This tour is a must-do for WWII history buffs. Visit the remains of the most significant headquarters of Adolf Hitler and his giant bunkers, which almost became his grave during Valkyrie's operation.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Warsaw:If youʻre booking your trip to Warsaw last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Warsaw: 3-Hour Panoramic City Bus Tour with Pickup
- Warsaw: Majdanek Concentration Camp & Lublin Guided Day Tour
- Warsaw: Chopin Concert in a Historical Old Town Location
- Warsaw: The City in a Nutshell Small Group Walking Tour
- Warsaw: Warsaw Ghetto Private Walking Tour with Hotel Pickup
- Visit the mysterious Wolf’s Lair complex
- Enjoy your time with an educated and professional guide-driver
- See the lovely countryside of Poland
DescriptionExplore the leftovers of the biggest and the most important of Adolf Hitler’s headquarters - Wolf’s Lair, located in the North-East corner of Poland. Take a ride with an English-speaking guide and experience the Polish countryside, get to know the history of Poland and try to understand the Polish spirit and soul. The guide is your host - ask whatever you want and take your chance to spend this time with a natural, local person. Take approx 2 hour's walk in the Wolf’s Lair complex, and learn its impressive history thanks to the high-quality audioguide. Finally, visit the local restaurant before driving back to Warsaw. The guide will pick you up directly from your hotel or apartment at 08.00 am. Please remember to have your breakfast before and take the clothes appropriate to the weather forecasts. We pick up our guests from all the Warsaw hotels and apartments accessible by car. Drive to Gierłoż takes around 4 hours 30 minutes. It’s a chance to experience the Polish countryside and ask your guide all the questions you can imagine. He’s your host, and his passion is to make you understand Poland, its history and its spirit. So don’t miss that chance. Wolf’s Lair was the most important of Hitler’s headquarters, hidden in Masuria, a region of Northern Poland famous for its 2.000 lakes. It was the perfect place to set up an inaccessible complex of bunkers with lakes and swamps blocking its access. The complex, which would become one of several Führer Headquarters located in various parts of occupied Europe, was built for Operation Barbarossa's start – the invasion of the Soviet Union – in 1941. The top-secret, high-security site was in the Masurian woods about 8 km from the small East Prussian town of Rastenburg (now Kętrzyn in Poland). Three security zones surrounded the central complex where Führer’s bunker was located. Despite the security, an assassination attempt against Hitler was made at Wolf’s Lair on 20 July 1944. Unfortunately, the bomb planted by Claus von Stauffenberg in the map room did not kill Hitler (he survived around 35 assassination attempts during his life!). On the 25th of January 1945, due to the Red Army's rapid advance, the complex was blown up and abandoned. The tour takes around 2 hours of walking. You will visit the complex with your guide or with local audioguide. One can find an excellent eatery in the former guard's garage where classic Polish cuisine is served. It’s a good idea t take a 1-hour break and refill before the drive back to Warsaw. Food is not included in the tour price. Drive to Warsaw is the next chance to chat with your guide. And don’t worry - these 4,5 hours will pass quickly.
IncludesEnglish-speaking tour guide-driver Regular car or minibus Entrance fees Wolf’s Lair tour with the audio-guide Lunch break of approximately one hour
- If you want book the tour for children who are shorter than 150 cm (4,9 ft) you must contact tour operator before booking the tour and check the availability of toddler / child car seat / booster seat Since the supplier has to rent a toddler / child car seat / booster seat for children shorter than 150 centimeters, the fare is the same as for an adult You must contact the tour operator before booking the tour if you require special assistance (e.g. wheelchair assistance) Please wear proper clothing since you will spend time outdoors in the forest Please eat breakfast before the tour departure