Krakow: Cultural Capital of Poland Day Trip from Warsaw1 Reviews
Explore the cultural capital of Poland on a 12-hour sightseeing tour of Kraków from Warsaw, traveling by train. See the highlights of the UNESCO World Heritage Old Town, visit the Royal Castle, and the catacombs and Bell Tower of the Cathedral.
- Explore the medieval streets and architecture of Kraków
- Go inside the castle and cathedral complex of Wawel Hill
- See the tombs of many Polish monarchs
- Admire the Renaissance façade of Draper's Hall
- Marvel at the imposing Barbican of the old city walls
DescriptionExplore the cultural capital of Poland on a full-day tour from Warsaw, traveling to Kraków by train for a morning arrival. Once in Kraków, you will walk from the Old Town, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1978, heading for Wawel Hill overlooking the Vistula River. Admire the ornate architecture en route to the site of the Royal Castle and Cathedral. Erected over many centuries, the Wawel complex offers rewarding views of the river and up-close sights of the Castle. Inside the grounds you will visit the State Apartments of the royals. Then, go inside Wawel Cathedral to admire its Gothic transepts and aisles, and explore the Bell Tower and catacombs of St. Leonard's Crypt, where many Polish monarchs are buried. Next, stroll along the cobblestone streets of the Old Town to admire the Renaissance architecture of Sukiennice (Draper’s Hall). Marvel at the Gothic splendor of St. Mary's Basilica, and continue to the imposing Kraków Barbican, once connected to the city walls. End at the rectangular Gothic tower of St. Florian's Gate, a focal point for the city’s residents and vistors alike.
IncludesTransportation by train Krakow city guide Entrance fee to the State Apartments of Wawel Royal Castle (EUR 6 per person, closed on Monday and from the 29 February to the 21 March 2016) State Apartments audio guide (EUR 5.50) Entrance fee to the Cathedral, Bell Tower, and Catacombs (EUR 3.5 per person) Cathedral audio guide (EUR 2)
- Please note that the State Apartments of Wawel Royal Castle are from January to February; they are also closed on Mondays
- Starting times will be confirmed after your booking is made; suggested starting time is during the morning • Please choose the preferred language of your tour on booking
- Please note that the State Apartments of Wawel Royal Castle are from Janurary to February; they are also closed on Mondays
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY