Warsaw: 4-Hour Jewish Heritage Tour2 Reviews
Embark on a half-day tour through contemporary and historic Jewish life in Warsaw. Visit the remnants of the Warsaw ghetto and the site of the Warsaw Jewish Uprising. Gain a deep understanding of the history of Judaism in Poland.
- Explore Jewish Warsaw, learning about Jewish life in the city across past and present
- Pay respect to the lives lost
- Discover the melancholy beauty of the past by viewing the city's most important Jewish sites
DescriptionWarsaw today is a capital that tries to recall the missing past and brings its charm to the future of hectic metropolitan eastern European life. The original stones and bricks that survived the horrors of the past are silent but have many stories to tell. Discover the melancholy beauty of the past: the remains of the ghetto walls, the orphanage of Janusz Korczak, the Warsaw Synagogue, the Jewish Theater, the Nordwache building, and the only street that remained after the Warsaw Ghetto, Chłodna street. The Jewish cemetery of Warsaw in Okopowa commemorates polish Jews who have lived there for the last 200 years. The Monument to the Heroes of the Ghetto, the Umschlagplatz Monument, the bunker in Miła 18, and the Great Synagogue shows the Jewish resilience to keep living there against all odds. The Jewish heritage of Warsaw is not only found in the western bank. Should you like to explore more there is the opportunity to go to Praga district and see the setting for Roman Polanski's The Pianist, the oldest market in Warsaw, and the great frescos pf the former Synagogue that are being renovated now.
IncludesTour guide Taxes Transportation Site entrance fees Meals and drinks
- It is car and walking tour, so there is some walking included in the tour
- It is possible to arrange an optional visit to Polin museum with guided tour (€100 for a guide and €5 per person per ticket, minimum 2-hour guided tour by private guide) • Please remember that during Shabath and Jewish holidays Synagogue and Cemetery remain closed
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability