My Guide Website?
Warsaw: Private Communism Tour by Communist Car1 Reviews
Investigate the history, ideology, and architecture of this former Polish communist state as you find out about the events that shaped modern Poland and Europe.
- Discover the secrets of communist Poland
- Learn how people survived in a communist economy
- Look for relics from the times of communism in Warsaw
- Ride a retro minibus right from the communist era
- Find out about the events that shaped modern Poland and Europe
DescriptionStart the tour with pickup from your accommodation in Warsaw where you will meet your guide and board a retro Communist-era minibus. Set off to discover the story of the communist regime which ruled in Poland between 1945 and 1989 during a 3-hour tour. Start your tour with an introduction to Polish history from the beginnings of WWII through to the post-war reconstruction period. See green, spacious neighborhoods filled with amazing examples of Communist architecture. As you drive through the city, find out more about the unbelievable social engineering and political madness that was all controlled from the back seat in Moscow. Then, learn about the harsh Communist regime of the 1950s and 60s, stopping to look at the outside of the Palace of Culture and Science, the Communist Party Headquarters, Censorship Headquarters, and Free Speech Memorial. Next, find out more about how Polish people built the Solidarity movement and managed to become free and independent in 1989. Finally, head to Pilsudskiego Square - the spot which links the spy games between East and the West, a political mission for Pope John Paul II and, a deal made in 1989 between the Party and Solidarity movement to shut down the communist system. Get dropped off at your chosen point in the city center where the tour concludes.
IncludesHotel pick up and drop-off service within 3 km range from the city centre Professional English-speaking local guide Transportation by retro Communist-era minibus
- Transfer to and from your hotel is included in the total tour duration.
- Cars are used mainly for transfers between walking tour locations
- Tours in retro minibusses are only available for persons taller than 150 cm (4.9 ft)
- Those under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Retro minibusses are not equipped with air conditioning, however, they have efficient heating for wintertime
- Some of the minibusses are not equipped with seatbelts (which is legal in classic vintage cars)
- Please wear comfortable clothing and footwear as the tour includes a few short walks