My Guide Website?
Warsaw to Majdanek Concentration Camp One-Day Trip by Car5 Reviews BEST SELLER
Visit the best-preserved Holocaust camp - Majdanek - to witness the war crimes of WWII. Discover the gruesome details of the Nazi occupation of Poland. Explore Lublin Old Town highlights
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Warsaw:If youʻre booking your trip to Warsaw last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit Majdanek Concentration Camp with a Licensed Guide
- Learn about the Holocaust crimes and Operation Reinhard
- See the highlights of Lublin with a 5-Stars Local Guide
- Immerse yourself in the Middle Age, WWII and current history of Lublin
- Pickup and drop-off to your accommodation in Warsaw
DescriptionTravel with us from Warsaw to Lubin, to explore the site of the best-preserved camp of the Holocaust and one of the first major concentration camp liberated by Allied forces, the Majdanek Concentration and Extermination Camp. Immerse yourself in the turbulent history of Lublin. During the 7-hour tour you will embark on a hassle-free journey from your accommodation in Warsaw to Lublin in an air-conditioned private vehicle with an English-speaking driver. Upon arrival, you will embark on an essential tour of Majdanek - a Nazi concentration and extermination camp built and operated by the SS on the outskirts of the city. The Majdanek State Museum occupies the the area of one of the largest Holocaust sites, with some 227 structures, including 7 gas chambers and 2 wooden gallows. In one of the barracks, you will find an educational exhibit of the Majdanek State Museum. Although the camp was originally built as a labour concentration camp, it was used to kill people on an industrial scale during Operation Reinhard. Discover the gruesome stories of forced labour, starvation, disease and death of Nazi war prisoners, including Soviet POW, Poles, and Jews. Choose the 12-hour option to extend sightseeing of Lublin Old Town. As one of the most important trade cities and military strongholds in Poland during the Middle Ages, Lublin boasts many impressive architectural monuments. See the charming Castle Square featuring the medieval Lublin Castle and stroll along the narrow Old Town streets to the beautiful Dominican Abbey. Follow your Private Guide to the Market Square to see the Old Town Hall, the iconic Fish Gate, and stunning old tenement houses. Continue along the ancient royal road Krolewiecka with many landmarks such as St John the Baptist Cathedral and Trynitarska Tower. Pass by the Stone of Misfortune - resisting the urge to touch it, to the last point of interest, Dominican Square. Immerse yourself in local history and culture, and learn about notable residents of Lublin, such as Potocki, Kraszewski and Wieniawski. After an exciting but long day of sightseeing, you will enjoy a convenient, private transportation back to your accommodation in Warsaw.
IncludesFull-day trip from Warsaw to Majdanek Concentration Camp and Lublin Old Town (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language selected when booking Admission to the Majdanek Concentration Camp Private Walking Tour of Lublin Old Town (12-hour option only) Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Warsaw
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Please note that the walking tour of Lublin is not included in a 7-hour option. We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for groups of 1-4 people, and in a larger van or minibus for groups of 5 people and more. If you're traveling in a smaller group but want to travel in a more spacious car, we recommend booking a 5-people tour to take advantage of a larger vehicle. Lunch / table reservations can be arranged upon request.