Warsaw: Wilhelm Sasnal Exhibition at the POLIN Museum
Sasnal's "Such a Landscape" exhibition will present the artist's paintings and drawings which depict a familiar albeit somewhat remote landscape and well-known figures against it. They show a landscape in the wake of the Shoah.
- Take in a special exhibition by a world-renowned artist
- See the artist's interpretations of landscapes after the Shoah
- See paintings and drawing by Sasnal
DescriptionEven though Wilhelm Sasnal’s artworks have received wide international acclaim, they are rarely exhibited in Poland. The exhibition at POLIN Museum will be the first individual presentation of the artist’s oeuvre at a Polish museum and will include works completed over the course of the past two decades. Some of approximately sixty artworks will be presented for the first time and produced especially for the exhibition at POLIN Museum. Sasnal’s works are included in the most renowned collections in the world, among them: Museum of Modern Art and Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York, Tate Modern in London, and the Centre Pompidou in Paris. His art deals with everyday life and with social processes; it tells the story of growing up at a time of political transformation from socialism to a new brave world of capitalism, of the politics of commemoration, and of settling accounts with the past. The artist demonstrates how his generation copes with the surrounding reality, in which wartime and postwar history remain constantly present.
IncludesAccess to the 'Such a Landscape' temporary exhibition Audio guide Guided tour
- The ticket is valid for one day - you may enter the museum at your own convenience, but please be aware that admission is closed 2 hours prior to the closing time
- You can leave the museum to have lunch and return, as long as it is within the same day
- The estimated time needed to visit the core exhibition is 2 hours
- Due to security restrictions, every guest must undergo electronic scanning before entering the core exhibition
- Children aged 7 or younger may enter the museum free of charge
- Children aged 12 or younger, need to be supervised by an adult at all times
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY