My Guide Website?
Warsaw: WWII Private Tour by Retro Minibus1 Reviews
Discover the traces of WWII in Warsaw on this 3 hours private tour.
- Learn about World War II in Warsaw
- Hear about the Warsaw Uprising
- Find out about Nazi terror in Warsaw
- Visit historic places to aid your understanding
- Discover the story of Jewish Ghetto and 1943 Uprising
DescriptionThis tour is a choice for those primarily interested in the history of World War II. Tyranny, resistance and gore would be the most appropriate words to describe that part of Polish history. From the remains of the street fights and two insurrections to Warsaw’s so-called 'liberation' by the Soviets in 1945. You'll learn about the battles, heroes and everyday life in Warsaw during the Nazi occupation, the political situation in the region that has changed diametrically throughout coupe years of WWII and the consequences that war has brought to Poland and Europe. Find buildings that may be considered war memorials due to the bullet holes, ricochets, and lost souls, pieces of the Jewish Ghetto wall, hills of rubble, gloomy Umschlagplatz, Soviet tanks and aeroplanes. Travel through the time thanks to stories you'll hear, combined with archival photographs and our Zuk retro minibus.
IncludesPickup and drop-off within 3 km radius of city center Professional English-speaking local guide Transportation by retro communist minibus
- • Please wear proper clothing since short walks are the part of the tour • Transfer from and to the hotel is counted into the total time of the tour • Tours with retro minibuses are available only for persons taller than 150 cm (4.9 ft)
- Youth under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult • Cars are used mainly for transfers between locations where guests have walks with their guide • Retro minibuses are not equipped with air conditioning, they are equipped with an efficient heating system for wintertime
- Some of the retro minibuses are not equipped with seatbelts (which is legal with classic vintage cars) • Please contact the supplier before booking the tour if you have any health issues or mobility limitations