From Warsaw: Lodz & Litzmannstadt Jewish Ghetto Private Tour
Explore Lodz on a private tour where you will learn about its important history as you walk through its surviving WWII Jewish Ghetto and picturesque city center.
- Learn about the history of Polish Jews at the Litzmannstadt Ghetto
- Listen about tragic events of WWII while visiting Radegast Station
- Admire the splendid pre-war buildings with richly decorated facades in the city center
- Explore the maze of former factories and workshops of this once industrial mecca
DescriptionDiscover the cultural relevance and unique architecture of Lodz, Poland’s third-largest city, on a private tour that commemorates the tragic history of the Jewish Ghetto enacted during World War II. Depart Warsaw on a 1.5-hour drive to Lodz, which was the once center of the polish industry and was referred to as the Promised Land or the Polish Manchester. Learn about its grim history during World War II, where, under Nazi control, it was annexed and its name changed to Litzmannstadt. Walk around the Jewish Ghetto, where over 200.000 Polish Jews were retained, and unfortunately only a few survived. See how this historic district has survived and now serves a memorial, commemorating the tragic events of the Holocaust. Explore the maze of factories and workshops that contrast with the splendid pre-war buildings with richly decorated facades found in the picturesque city center.
IncludesPickup and drop off Private local guide Lunch Admission fees Photos from the tour
- The tour requires a moderate amount of walking.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY