My Guide Website?
From Warsaw: Lodz Private Full-Day Tour1 Reviews
Travel from Warsaw to Lodz and explore this vibrant city with its rich cultural heritage, modern and industrial architecture. Discover factory owners’ palaces with artistic decorations.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Warsaw:If youʻre booking your trip to Warsaw last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Warsaw: 3-Hour Panoramic City Bus Tour with Pickup
- Warsaw: Majdanek Concentration Camp & Lublin Guided Day Tour
- Warsaw: Chopin Concert in a Historical Old Town Location
- Warsaw: The City in a Nutshell Small Group Walking Tour
- Warsaw: Warsaw Ghetto Private Walking Tour with Hotel Pickup
- Enjoy a tour through Lodz - 'Polish Manchester'
- Find the most famous murals created by Polish and foreign street artists
- Explore Manufaktura, the industrial complex of the powerful Poznanski family
- Immerse yourself in edgy cultural hub, Piotrkowska - Poland’s longest promenade
- Learn about movie industry and widely renowned Lodz Film School
DescriptionMeet your driver at the hotel and take a full day trip to Lodz. After a century marred by wartime occupation, economic woes, and industrial decline, Lodz - Poland’s third-largest city - is on the rise. 19th century Lodz was the heart of the Polish textile industry and the sheer number of factories there earned the city its reputation as the “Polish Manchester”. The local economy attracted immigrants from far and wide, with an emphasis on Jewish, Russian, and German culture, as well as that of its native Poles. Travel to this vibrant metropolis to explore its rich cultural heritage and discover the modernist architecture that was once home to the country's richest display of multiculturalism. Arriving to Lodz, meet your guide. The first stop on your route is the Old Town Square, where your guide shares how this area was home to a thriving Jewish community before World War II. Learn how the look of this square changed during and after the war as your guide points out the simple, Soviet-style architecture. Next, walk to the renovated industrial complex of the Manufaktura, which boasts an open-air plaza surrounded by large brick buildings and the longest stretch of fountains in Europe. Head to the Ksiezy Mlyn fabric-making complex, the perfect showcase for the revitalization of the city as it has grown a great deal in recent years. At the end of the tour, discover Piotrkowska Street, a popular avenue full of shops, pubs, restaurants, and sculptures that commemorate famous inhabitants of Lodz. Once you've had your fill of the third-biggest city in Poland, make your way back to Warsaw.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation Guide
- Please specify the language of your tour upon booking.