My Guide Website?
Warsaw: 2-Hour Old Town Walking Tour6 Reviews
Stroll through the romantic streets of the Warsaw's old town. Discover the youngest old town in the world and the most unique UNESCO World Heritage! Learn all about its destruction and reconstruction!
- Stroll along the Royal Route and through the romantic streets of the Warsaw's old town
- Discover the youngest old town in the world
- Learn about the total destruction of the old town during World War II - and its amazing post-war reconstruction
- Stop at the Royal Castle, where the second oldest constitution in the world was adopted
- Visit the only church in the world that served as a war front
DescriptionLearn about the unique history of Warsaw's old town on this fascinating walking tour led by an English-speaking local expert. Discover how old town emerged from the ashes after it was completely destroyed during World War II – true to its original pre-war form – and earned a place on the list of UNESCO World Heritage sites. Explore the romantic streets of old town, and enjoy the scenery along the Royal Route. Discover the most beautiful corners and the most spectacular monuments, architectural highlights, royal palaces, and residences in the city. Hear legends and authentic stories. See the places associated with famous Warsawians like Fréderic Chopin, Pope John Paul II, and Marie Curie, as well as sites connected with the Solidarity movement. Learn about the Venetian painter Canaletto and the invaluable role of his paintings during the reconstruction of old town. Have a look at Castle Square, King Sigismund’s Column, St. John’s Cathedral, the Market Square, the Barbican, and new town.
IncludesCertified tour guide City map and information booklets Headsets by groups up 10 pax
- Meeting point is in front of Nikolaus Copernicus Monument (address: Krakowskie Przedmiescie, 00-333 Warsaw) Link to the location: https://goo.gl/maps/StNWsnT9ipm7TaJM8
- Unfortunately, no food will be served on this tour but there is a cafe where you can purchase food
- Gratuities are not included, it is recommended to tip the guide 15-20% at the end of the tour