My Guide Website?
Warsaw: 2-Hour Praga Walking Tour10 Reviews
Discover the most fascinating district in Warsaw, as you explore the multicultural, authentic and legendary Praga. Get to know the real face of Warsaw including apartment blocks from the communist time, and the post-industrial zones.
- Discover the most fascinating and trendy quarter in Warsaw
- Explore the real face of pre-war Warsaw
- Stroll along streets of Praga and visit the complex of the vodka factory
- See the film shooting streets of Roman Polanski's Oscar-winning movie “the Pianist”!
- Get to know the history of the director of the Warsaw Zoo and the zookeepers wife
DescriptionThis tour shows a different face of Warsaw, the authentic and legendary district of Praga. Located on the right bank of the Vistula, just a few minutes from the Old Town, Praga differs significantly from the left side of Warsaw. Over the centuries this part of Warsaw was characterized by trade and industry and was a melting pot of cultures, where the Christians, Jews and Orthodox lived side by side. During this 2-hour walking tour, you will explore the streets of pre-war Warsaw including tenement houses with bullet holes, as well as grey apartment blocks from the communist time and the industrial post-industrial zones. These buildings now home art galleries, boutique designers and restaurants. You will hear about the best known entrepreneurs who helped make Praga the major trading hub in the pre-war time, and later on during the communist time to a symbol of free trade. You will also hear the authentic history about the director of the Warsaw Zoo and his wife, who helped save hundreds of Jews from the Warsaw Ghetto. Take a look at St. Florian Cathedral, the orthodox church (former place of the synagogue and the ritual bath), the Rozycki Bazaar, the monument of the Praga Street Band and the complex of the vodka factory “Koneser”, all with your local expert guide.
IncludesCertified tour guide
- This tour is a private tour
- Meeting point: in front of the Metropolitan Cathedral of Maria and Magdalena. The guide will be waiting for you in front of the cathedral at the exit from the subway M2 with a sign PolinTours on it. Address: aleja 'Solidarności' 52, 03-402 Warszawa, Polska Link to the location: https://goo.gl/maps/g7npPkvB6njJ2kGA9