My Guide Website?
Warsaw: 4-Hour Polish Food Tour22 Reviews
Discover what pierogi, gołąbki and schabowy are on a 4-hour food tour of Warsaw, and experience the flavors of Polish cuisine. Learn about the local food culture and history, and hear fascinating stories about the Polish relationship to their gastronomy.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Warsaw:If youʻre booking your trip to Warsaw last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn what pierogi, gołąbki and schabowy are
- Try a variety of delicious Polish cheeses
- Discover what a traditional Polish dinner consists of
- Go to 4-6 carefully selected establishments to eat the equivalent of a full meal
- Learn what a traditional Warsaw dessert has to do with a bridge
DescriptionWhen most people think about Polish cuisine, there is one thing that springs to mind - “pierogi.” But these tasty cheese and potato dumplings are served in all the English-speaking restaurants. For a more unusual taste of Poland, take this 4-hour food tour of Warsaw and learn what Polish cuisine is really all about. Savor Polish dishes in 4-6 carefully selected establishments, and hear the stories behind them. Discover why the Poles complain about the quality of the bread, and why they sometimes long for food produced in the 1970s. Learn why you can’t trust an invitation for “a cup of coffee,” and much more. Be prepared for the equivalent of a full meal, with dessert of course! But as you’ll do some walking, you’ll be able to work off some of the calories as you go - just remember to wear a pair of comfortable shoes.
IncludesApproximately 10 tastings plates (including starters, appetizers, soups, main courses and dessert) Bilingual guide Water in most venues Tasting of Polish vodka Written summary of the tour and tips on recommended places
- • The golden rule of Polish hosts is to serve the amount of food that will make a table collapse. If you enjoy Polish food, you may be sure that a tour makes for a full meal with a dessert. It will be a good idea to eat just breakfast. Please, skip lunch or you won’t be able to try everything • Polish cuisine is based on pork, so if you are vegetarian many dishes served during the tour won't be suitable for you • Please advise of any food allergies you have so the menu can be adjusted • A non-alcoholic option is available, so minors are welcome
- If the guide responsible for the tour considers a participant to be unreliable or otherwise unfit for the tour (either drunk, aggressive or behaving in a way which makes continuation of the tour difficult), then the guide may refuse the participant or ask the participant to leave. Such a refusal is not grounds for a refund