My Guide Website?
Warsaw: Ghetto, Jewish Cemetery & POLIN Museum Private Tour87 Reviews
Learn what life was like in the Warsaw Ghetto for thousands of Jewish people before their deportation to Nazi concentration camps. Go on an optional visit to the Jewish Cemetery and POLIN Museum.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Warsaw:If youʻre booking your trip to Warsaw last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the traces of the former Nazi ghetto in Warsaw on a walking tour
- Learn about the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising and see the Monument to the Ghetto Heroes
- See the ghetto boundary markers and hear true stories of people who lived there
- Visit the old Jewish Cemetery in Muranow (3 and 5-hour tour options only)
- Skip the lines to the POLIN Museum to learn about Polish Jews on the 5-hour tour
DescriptionThe story of the Warsaw Ghetto is an essential part of World War II history. Join a history-passionate Expert Guide on the streets of the former ghetto to learn about the Nazi persecution of Jewish people, their daily lives, the uprising, and the Holocaust. Hear the tragic, true story of Polish Jews under the German occupation of Poland. Book a 2-hour walking tour of the former Warsaw Ghetto. Providing commentary in your native language, your Private Guide will take you back in time to World War II, the darkest moment in the history of Jewish people in Europe. You will get an insight into what happened to Warsaw during the war and see the Monument to the Warsaw Uprising. Nearby, you’ll find traces of the Warsaw Ghetto boundary markers, where over 400,000 Jews from Warsaw and the surrounding areas were imprisoned in Europe's largest ghetto. You will learn about hunger, disease and death, but also about the heroism and rebellion of the Jewish people. The tour will pass the Monument to the Ghetto Heroes, which commemorates the 1943 Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. The guide will also show you the Anielewicz Mound at Mila 18, which was a hidden shelter of a Jewish resistance group. Our walking tour will end at the Umschlagplatz Monument, which marks the departure point for Jews transported to Treblinka Concentration Camp, where more than 300,000 Jewish people died. Book an extended 3-hour tour to visit the former Warsaw Ghetto and the old Jewish Cemetery in Moranow. For your convenience, we provide tickets for public transport, so you will not have to walk a long distance. This old Jewish Cemetery was established in 1809 and is one of the largest ones in Europe, a resting place for over 200,000 people. The guide will show you the graves of spiritual leaders, political activists, honored creators of Jewish culture and thousands of nameless victims of World War II. See a piece of true Jewish history. Book a 5-hour Jewish tour to visit the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews, the former Warsaw Ghetto and the old Jewish Cemetery in Muranow. We provide skip-the-line tickets to the POLIN Museum to save you time. This elaborate, modern museum will give you a deeper understanding of the history, culture and heritage of Polish Jews before, during and after the war. Don't miss out on this top-class attraction!
IncludesPrivate Walking Tour of the Warsaw Ghetto, Jewish Cemetery and POLIN Museum (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide fluent in the selected language Entry fee to Warsaw Jewish Cemetery with 1-way public transport ticket (3- and 5-hour options only) Skip-the-line tickets to POLIN Museum (5-hour option only) Pickup from accommodation (Old Town only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Tickets to the Jewish Cemetery and POLIN Museum are not included in a 2-hour tour. We provide tickets for public transport to reach the Jewish Cemetery, as it is outside the city center. Skip-the-line tickets to the POLIN Museum allow you to skip the line at the ticket office but not at the entrance and security checks. Admission is for the main exhibition, the ongoing temporary exhibition, and the “Heritage” Gallery. Pickup service is available only for accommodations / hotels located within 1,5 km from the designated meeting point. Please provide your address when booking.