My Guide Website?
Warsaw: Highlights Guided Retro Bus Tour4 Reviews
Go for an unforgettable city sightseeing tour. A retro bus Jelcz "Cucumber" and live guide on-board will let you discover Warsaw. Listen to the stories on-board and go out for a guided walk to have a closer look at the sights.
- Ride on a retro, communist-era 1980s bus
- Listen to the stories about Warsaw told by the guide on-board
- See the most important sights of the city like Łazienki Park, the Old Town or the Palace of Culture and Science
- Enjoy a guided walk around Royal Park Łazienki and the Old Town
DescriptionDo you like visiting cities on a bus but not listening to a taped story on headphones? Then go for an amazing live-guided tour with style. A classic bus Jelcz 043, better known as “Cucumber,” and one of the most iconic communist-era vehicles will take you for a ride in Warsaw. A guide on-board will comment on the objects you will pass and tell you more on a walk around certain stops. On this tour, you will see the most popular landmarks of the city and hear fascinating stories about them. During this 2.5-hour tour, see the most important sights of Warsaw. The tour starts at the Palace of Culture and Science from where you will set off to Royal Park Łazienki. At this stop, you will find out who and when this place was established. Why was it popular to visit on Thursdays in the 18th century? Why should you bring nuts when you come here? On this walk, you will see a statue of Frederic Chopin, the Palace on the Isle and an 18th-century amphitheater. After a walk with the guide, the “Cucumber” bus will pick you up and drive you to the Old Town where you will see a city reconstructed from scratch. Get to know who the man on the column in the Castle Square is. What and why it is the symbol of the city? What is the most “romantic” place in Warsaw? During the walk, you will see the Royal Castle Square with Sigismund's Column, the Old Town Market Square, Cathedral of St. John, a statue of the Warsaw Mermaid and the Barbican. From the Old Town, you will return to the Palace of Culture and Science to hear the history of this controversial building and to finish the tour. The tour takes place every Saturday at 2 PM14:00. It starts by the main entrance of the Palace of Culture and Science. Just look for a big retro bus in front.
IncludesProfessional guide Live commentary on-board 2.5-hour bus tour Transport by a 1980s coach Drinking chocolate at the Wedel Chocolate Lounge
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- This tour operates from April through October and runs every Saturday
- For more information, ask at the Tourist Office in the palace