My Guide Website?
Warsaw: the Best of the City Private Tour by Retro Minibus3 Reviews
Experience the complete spectrum of Warsaw: the classic spots from the guidebooks and places off the beaten tourist path. A ride in the retro minibus is a spicy addition to the tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Warsaw:If youʻre booking your trip to Warsaw last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Start your visit with an overview of Warsaw's Old town
- Hear more about WWII and its impact on Warsaw
- Explore the artistic and independent Praga district
- Find out about an amazing reconstruction of the city during the communist era
- Ride in a communist minibus
DescriptionThis private tour lets you experience the city comfortably, without any rush, according to your needs. We could describe it as a 'slow tour', despite our communist cars can still go pretty fast! This is a perfect choice if you prefer to avoid squeezing in with other guests and keep your tempo. First, the guide brings to light the basics at the walk at Warsaw Old Town: medieval trade paths, the trick with a Swedish king, the first republic and last hopes, rise and fall of Poland - it’s all there. Next, take a picturesque ride over the Vistula river to the Praga district, the only original pre-WWII piece of Warsaw. Find the beloved streets by filmmakers and witness the transformation of derelict tenement houses into retro luxury apartments. Feel the vibe of non-mainstream culture that covers Praga nowadays. Finally, pass by the National Stadium and drive back to the city centre to discover the post-WWII reconstruction of Warsaw done by the communist government. Aim for soviet-style architecture, overwhelming squares and funny stories about everyday life. See the changes that happened after the communist system collapsed in 1989.
IncludesHotel / apartment pickup and drop-off English speaking guide Vintage car
- Please note that transfer from and to the hotel counts into the tour's total time. Therefore, sometimes it is better to meet the guide in the city centre, rather than spend the time transferring from the far-located hotel. This tour can be booked instantly online for adults and children over 150 centimetres (4,9 ft). However, if you want to book a tour for a shorter child, please contact the tour operator to check the availability of seat boosters, which are obligatory in Poland. Cars are used mainly for transfers between locations where guests walk with their guide - please wear proper clothing. Classic vintage minibuses are not equipped with air conditioning, and some are not equipped with seat belts (which is legal with classic vintage cars). However, they have a heating system for the winter. The capacity of one minibus is 8 passengers. 5 minibuses are available.