My Guide Website?
Warsaw Uprising and WWII Old Town Walking Tour with Museum
Discover the living memory of Warsaw insurgents fighting to liberate a city occupied by Nazi soldiers. Explore Warsaw Old Town, following the path of the Polish underground resistance movement.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Warsaw:If youʻre booking your trip to Warsaw last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover traces of World War II in Warsaw Old Town with a History Expert Guide
- Learn about the German occupation of Poland and the Polish Underground State
- Hear the heroic, tragic story of the Warsaw insurgents and the 1944 uprising
- See the Warsaw Uprising Monument, Monument to the Ghetto Heroes, and more
- Visit the Warsaw Uprising Museum with skip-the-line tickets and audio guide(3 H)
DescriptionWarsaw is known as the city that rose from its ashes, but do you know the story of the brave Polish soldiers and ordinary citizens who fought for its freedom? On this Expert-led Old Town tour you will learn the history of WWII in your native language, and we can help you skip the lines to the world-class Warsaw Uprising Museum. Experience the year 1944 in Poland. Book this 2-hour private tour to discover the traces of World War II in Warsaw Old Town. The walking tour will start at an easily-reachable meeting point in Castle Square, where you can see the beautiful Royal Castle that was, along with all the buildings in the city center, reconstructed after WWII. From there, you will explore the charming streets of the Old Town with your Private Guide, discovering interesting history and war memorials along the way, such as the Warsaw Uprising Monument, which is located only a few steps away from the former Jewish ghetto boundary markers, and the Monument to the Ghetto Heroes. Book a 3-hour tour to receive skip-the-line tickets to the Warsaw Rising Museum. It is a leading museum on World War II with great information and interactive exhibits, so it’s a great opportunity to go deeper into the subject and see a replica bomber and artifacts from the 1944 Warsaw Uprising. After the Old Town walking tour, the guide will take you directly to the museum by tram or bus (tickets are included). With our pre-booked tickets, you will skip the lines to the Warsaw Uprising Museum and freely explore the exhibitions at your own pace with audio guide commentary available in 27 languages.
IncludesWarsaw Uprising and WWII History Private Old Town Tour with Optional Warsaw Uprising Museum (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language selected when booking Skip-the-line tickets to the Warsaw Rising Museum (3-hour option only) Museum audio guide available in 27 languages (3-hour option only) One-way public transport tickets to the museum (3-hour option only) Pick up from accommodation (Old Town only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour. Tickets to the Warsaw Rising Museum are included only in a 3-hour tour. With pre-booked tickets to Warsaw Rising Museum you can skip the line at the ticket office. Audio guide is available in: Azeri, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Macedonian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian. Audio guides can be collected at the museum shop (bring ID). The guide will not accompany you inside the museum. The extended 3-hour tour requires the use of public transport, as the museum is located outside the Old Town. For your convenience, one-way tickets are included in this tour. Pickup service is only available for accommodations located within 1,5 km away from the meeting point at the Sigismund's Column, Plac Zamkowy, 00-001 Warsaw. Please provide your address during booking.