My Guide Website?
World War II Warsaw Old Town, Military Cemetery Walking Tour1 Reviews
Discover a city that rose from its ashes on a World War II tour of Warsaw. Learn the story behind the many war and monuments in the historic Old Town and learn about the German occupation of Poland.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Warsaw:If youʻre booking your trip to Warsaw last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the traces of World War II in Warsaw Old Town with a History Expert
- Learn about the German occupation of Poland, Adolf Hitler and the Nazis
- Follow the steps of Warsaw insurgents during Warsaw Rising
- See war monuments and the boundary markers of Warsaw Ghetto
- Visit the Military Museum in Powązki to learn more about Polish heroes (4-hour)
DescriptionDo you know what led to the Warsaw Rising of August 1944? On this private tour, we'll recreate the events of World War II, following the history of occupation, destruction and liberation of Warsaw and its heroes. We'll show you what's behind the beautifully reconstructed Old Town. Immerse yourself in the true and uncensored history of World War II in Warsaw! Discover World War II sites in Warsaw Old Town on a 2-hour walking tour with a Local History Guide. Your journey back in time will begin at the Market Square, which was completely destroyed during the fight for the liberation of Warsaw from German occupation. The vivid story told by your passionate Private Guide will help you properly understand the events that led to the German Occupation of Poland and the course and effects of World War II in Warsaw and beyond. On this tour will follow the WWII trail in the Old Town and see memorial sites such as the Warsaw Uprising Monument, which commemorates the sacrifice of anti-Nazi resistance fighters such as General Tadeusz Komorowski. You will learn about the underground movement, spies and everyday heroes. You will also learn about the largest of the Nazi ghettos during World War II and its uprising as you will pass by the former boundary markers of Warsaw Ghetto. At the end of the tour, you will have the opportunity to pay your respects at the symbolic site of the Tomb of an Unknown Soldier. Book a 4-hour WWII tour to learn more about the war in Warsaw Old Town and Military Cemetery. We provide two-way public transport tickets to the Powazki Military Cemetery, so you won't have to walk all the way! Visit the necropolis that honors members of the Polish military, where many World War II heroes are buried. Together with your Private Guide you will discover the true cost of the German occupation of Poland.
IncludesPrivate Walking Tour of WWII memorial sites in Warsaw Old Town and Military Cemetery (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the selected language Expert’s commentary on the events and people of World War II Two-way public transport tickets and free entry to the Military Museum in Powazki (4-hour tour only) Pickup from your accommodation / hotel in Warsaw Old Town
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. The Powazki Military Cemetery is not included in a 2-hour tour. The 4-hour tour requires the use of public transportation to get to the Military Cemetary. For your convenience, we will provide all necessary tickets. Pickup service is available for accommodations / hotels located in the Old Town. Please provide your full address when booking. The itinerary will be adjusted accordingly. If you do not provide your address or your accommodation is more than 1,5 km away from the designated meeting point, the guide will meet you next to the Warsaw Mermaid, Pomnik Syrenki, Rynek Starego Miasta 18i, 00-272 Warsaw