My Guide Website?
Warsaw: 3-Hour Communism Tour in an Original Socialist Van69 Reviews
This 3-hour tour of Warsaw takes you on a discovery of Poland’s socialist past as you drive around the city in an original socialist-style van. Visit the places connected with socialism, including Constitution Square and the Palace of Culture and Science.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Warsaw:If youʻre booking your trip to Warsaw last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about Poland’s socialist history as you tour around Warsaw in a Nysa 522, an original socialist-style van
- Explore the famous communist sites in Warsaw, including Constitution Square and the Ministry of Agriculture
- Visit the heart of socialism at the old seat of the Central Committee of the Polish United Worker’s Party
- Discover the insides of the Palace of Culture and Science
- Experience what it was like to live in Poland during the Communist era by visiting the Communism Times Museum
- Watch some post-1950s propaganda films
DescriptionOn this unique trip through the legacy of Polish socialism, you will explore Warsaw in a Nysa 522, an original socialist-style van. You will be picked up from your hotel before starting the tour around the places in Warsaw connected with the socialist past, where you can experience this era in Polish history for yourself. The tour starts at Plac Konstytucji (Constitution Square), the first square ever to be built especially for the working people. Here you will feel the propaganda of the socialist era before heading on to the Ministry of Agriculture, where you will have the chance to learn about the utopian plans of the post-war city reconstruction. The next stop on the tour is at the Palace of Culture and Science, where you can learn about this gift from “Uncle” Stalin. You will then continue on to the very heart of socialism, the old seat of the Central Committee of the Polish United Workers’ Party. You will also visit a typical housing estate and enter a flat furnished in the socialist style. Here you will be invited to taste a typical refreshment of the workers from the socialist era – a shot of vodka and a slice of bread with lard and pickles. Not only will you see how people used to live during the socialist era, you will also have a unique opportunity to watch the post-1950s propaganda films.
IncludesReal local guide Interesting stories about communism in Warsaw Transportation by communist van Hotel pickup and drop-off from selected centrally-located hotels, if option selected Visit to the Museum of life under communism
- The hotel pickup and drop-off service is only available to tour groups of 3 or more participants. Parties of 1-2 people should instead make their own way to one of the meeting points.